mardi 3 juin 2008

Love


After years of smoking, Courtney Love now has doctor's orders to quit, she writes on her Web site.
Love, 42, says her doctor recently discovered pre-op nodules in her throat. "He guessed exactly how much I smoke too and told me I'll have to get surgery," she writes.


The former Hole singer, who recently lost 52 lbs., says that when she quits, she expects to gain the weight back: "I need to stop unless ... I want surgery in a year, and two or three days off on tour is not economically feasible, so my thin phase is gonna go soon."

Other singers who have undergone surgery for throat nodules – benign growths on the vocal cords – include Julie Andrews and Rod Stewart. Justin Timberlake reportedly went under the knife in May 2005.

Love, who has been recording the new album Nobody's Daughter, says she'll appear onstage at the House of Blues in Los Angeles Friday night alongside Linda Perry, who produced the album.

"I truly, deeply, madly love Linda Perry who seems to never, ever be wrong when it comes to me," she writes. "My soulmate when it comes to songwriting ... I love her sooo much."

Aucun commentaire: